The Run for World Water 5K is a USATF certified course and will be professionally timed by Startline Racing. Immediately following the 5K start will be a 1K walk around the lake, followed by a Kid's Lollipop Run (50 yard dash). There will be fun for the whole family with a DJ, face painting, kids' inflatables, and free snacks!
T-shirt and goodie bags will be provided for all 5K and 1K pre-registrants and, while supplies last, for registrants who register in person on the day of the event.
All proceeds from the race will benefit Water For People.
Check-in/Registration: 7:15-8:15 AM
5K Race Start: 8:30 AM
1K Walk Start: 8:35 AM
Lollipop Run: 9:15 AM
Awards Ceremony: 9:30 AM
- $30 Early Bird Registration until March 1, 2016
- $35 after March 1, 2016 until Race Day
- All registration fees are non-refundable.
There are two ways to register:
The registration button is on the upper right hand of this event page.
Register by Mail
Mail completed registration form below and check payable to "AZ Water Association" by March 6th to:
Laura McCasland - City of Scottsdale
8787 E. Hualapai Dr.
P.O. Box 25089
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
For more information, please see our Registration Form or contact Laura McCasland.
early packet pick-up
Early Packet Pick-up will be at RoadRunner Sports, Tempe Marketplace (2000 E. Rio Salado Parkway) on Friday March 11, from 4-7PM. BONUS! You'll get $10 from Road Runner Sports to spend on anything you want in the store! Don't miss out on this exclusive gift for race participants only when you join the Packet Pickup Party! AND a drawing for $250 in store credit! RoadRunner will donate $1 to Water For People for every in-store early packet pickup!
Following the race, awards will be given to the winners of the following:
- 5K Run: Prizes will be given to the overall 1st and 2nd place male and female finishers and to the 1st male and female finishers in the following age categories: 14 and under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, and 60 and over.
- Corporate Challenge: The Corporate Challenge Team winner with the most registered participants. See below for more information on the Corporate Challenge.
- The 1K Walk will begin approximately 5 minutes after all 5K runners have started. Please do not line up until all 5K runners have crossed the start line.
- Dogs and strollers are only allowed in the 1K Walk. They will be allowed in the 5K Run only if they start after all runners without dogs and strollers have crossed the start line. Please clean up after your pet.
- Bikes, roller blades, and anything else with wheels will NOT be permitted on either course.
- The race starting area will be crowded, please line up early and according to your expected pace.
- Location of restrooms, registration table, food tables, and parking areas are shown in the Staging Area Layout. Parking is free and limited, carpooling is highly recommended.
- The course has varied terrain that includes grass, dirt, sidewalks, and side elevation changes.
- The use of headphones, earbuds, etc. is discouraged. If used, please leave one ear free for safety.
- Water bottles, granola bars, bagels and fresh fruit will be available.
Gather your family, friends, and co-workers for participation in the CORPORATE CHALLENGE! The team with the most participants wins a special prize!
Include the name of your team in the registration form in order to be counted towards your team's participation. If you have already registered and would like to join or create a team, please contact Laura McCasland.
All proceeds will benefit Water For People (WFP), a non-profit organization with the main mission of supporting the development of locally sustainable drinking facilities, sanitation facilities, and hygiene education programs in developing countries. Currently, WFP is working in 9 countries: Uganda, Rwanda, and Malawi in Africa; the state of West Bengal in India; Honduras, Guatemala, and Nicaragua in Central America; and Bolivia and Peru in South America.
To donate directly to Water for People, please visit http://www.waterforpeople.org/donations
Become a CrowdRise team member to make your miles more meaningful! Fundraising on CrowdRise is open to everyone, both runners and non-runners.
This year, RUN FOR WORLD WATER is using CrowdRise to coordinate donations. CrowdRise is an online crowd-funding tool that provides a user-friendly interface for participants to manager their own fundraising activities. Having all this functionality in one location will streamline the fundraising process for you.
The CrowdRise fundraising page is located at: https://www.crowdrise.com/runforworldwater2016/fundraiser/wfpaz
Offline donations (by check or cash) will be collected at the Early Packet Pick-Up. All checks should be made payable to "AZ Water - Water For People".
EVENT SPONSORSHIP & TABLE Registration
Sponsorship opportunities are available and an important part of raising proceeds for the cause, sponsorship also comes with special benefits! Or if you’d rather have just a physical, yet still official, presence at the event you can reserve a table and interact with all of the participants before and after the race. If you are interested in either, please click here to be taken to the sponsorship and table application/registration page.
Previous race results
For sponsorship and volunteer opportunities, please contact:
Jenny Lopez: firstname.lastname@example.org, (602) 778-8471