2017 Race times
Thank you to our Sponsors and Runners for a another successful run! Visit the Race timers page to view the individual race results.
The Run for World Water 5K is a USATF certified course professionally timed by Racetimers. Immediately following the 5K start will be a 1K walk around the lake, followed by a Kid's Lollipop Run (50 yard dash). There will be fun for the whole family with a DJ, face painting, kids' inflatables, and snacks!
T-shirt and goodie bags will be provided for all 5K and 1K registrants while supplies last.
All proceeds from the race will benefit Water For People.
Packet Pick up
Early packet pick up will take place at Road Runner Sports in Tempe Marketplace at 43 S McClintock Dr, on March 10th from 4pm to 7pm. All participants will receive a special discount from Road Runner Sports with their early pick up!
5K Race Start:8:30 AM
1K Walk Start:8:35 AM
Lollipop Run: 9:15 AM
Awards Ceremony:9:30 AM
- $30 Early Bird Registration until March 1, 2017
- $35 from March 2, 2017 until Race Day
- All registration fees are non-refundable.
Registration will be available at packet pick up or at the race.
Following the race, awards will be given to the winners of the following:
- 5K Run:Prizes will be given to the overall 1st and 2nd place male and female finishers and to the 1st male and female finishers in the following age categories:14 and under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, and 60 and over.
- Corporate Challenge: The Corporate Team with the most registered participants. See below for more information on the Corporate Challenge.
Sponsorship of the RUN FOR WORLD WATER 2017 is an opportunity for organizations and individuals to support the mission of Water For People. By underwriting this event, all proceeds will directly benefit Water For People's essential programs, services and projects. Sponsorship payments may be made online through the secured
Gather your family, friends, and co-workers for participation in the CORPORATE CHALLENGE! The team with the most participants wins a special award!
Include the name of your team in the registration form in order to be counted towards your team's participation. If you have already registered and would like to join or create a team, please contact Lisa Melton.
- Dogs and strollers are only allowed in the 1K Walk.
- Bikes, roller blades, and anything else with wheels will NOT be permitted on either course.
- Parking is free but limited, carpooling is highly recommended.
- The use of headphones, earbuds, etc. is discouraged. If used, please leave one ear free for safety.
- Water bottles, granola bars, bagels and fresh fruit will be available.
For questions and volunteer opportunities, please contact:
Lisa Melton: firstname.lastname@example.org, 480-465-4505
Christina M Gonzalez: email@example.com, 602-281-7847
All proceeds will benefit Water For People (WFP), a non-profit organization with the main mission of supporting the development of locally sustainable drinking facilities, sanitation facilities, and hygiene education programs in developing countries. Currently, WFP is working in 9 countries: Uganda, Rwanda, and Malawi in Africa; the state of West Bengal in India; Honduras, Guatemala, and Nicaragua in Central America; and Bolivia and Peru in South America.
To donate directly to Water for People, please visit http://www.waterforpeople.org/donations